Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Singing the Lord's Song in a Foreign Land

A parody on Psalm 137:
"By the rivers of Twitter, we sat down and wept when we remembered phone calls, conversations on front porches, and holding hands with our best friends. There on the laptops, we hung up our pens and pencils, for there our captors asked us for tweets and blogs. How can we sing the songs of the Lord in this foreign land?"

There is no weeping (yet), from this new immigrant to this new landscape of technological communities, but there is admittedly a bit of fear and trembling.

Is this the Promised Land or a vast wilderness that will find me wandering and grumbling? Will I trust that God will provide what I need for the journey and has a marvelous destination in mind for me? Or will I be too fearful to take that first step?

God, I give myself to You for this journey. I trust that You will lead and will clear my confusion, focus my understanding and free my mind to Your truths. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. (Even if you disagree!) The moderator will review comments before they are posted, however, and those which contain inappropriate language or simply attack the writer without substance will be deleted.